Saturday, July 20, 2013

Black Swan.

Well I finally took the time to watch the Black Swan and wow, that was a film that left me breathless at the end.



If you get past the whole "this is the lesbian sex movie" reputation that this film so infamously produced, Darren Aronofsky created this beautiful film of darkness and emotion. It's one of those movies where at the end, you're just like, "damn." and you have to pause a moment to take a deep breath because you're holding your breath at the last like 20 minutes of the movie.




I have to say my favorite part was the very last line of the movie. It really embodies what this whole movie is about. Nina whispers, "I felt it. Perfect. I was perfect." It's really scary what the human nature can do. This search and desire for perfection can overthrow and destroy ones own self. But I think this film is not limited to the desire for perfection. It's about how any strong desire can become your own murderer. How your dissatisfaction for yourself at this moment can evolve into this unintentional monster. This film is so powerful and I applaud those who can see the beauty and emotion behind it.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment