Monday, July 15, 2013

My Golden Birthday

On June 29th, I turned 29. Some people call it your "Golden birthday" when you turn the age of the day you were born on. I kind of like that mine fell on the last year in my twenties. When I think back on this past decade it's kind of amazing how much change has happened: there's been marriage, living in foreign countries, wrestling with infertility, getting pregnant twice and delivering naturally twice by the grace of God, buying our first home which was more than we could have ever imagined, all the while being incredibly blessed by an amazing career for Josh and a community of friends who are like family. As I sat soaking up the surroundings of Mazama with my family I was struck by a deep sense of gratitude to the Lord for His favor and faithfulness to me in my life thus far.



It makes me think of these song lyrics:


Every step we are breathing in your grace

Evermore we'll be singing out your praise



There's nothing I've done to deserve such incredible family, precious boys, and such a loving husband and I am left with a keen awareness that my response to such favor is to proclaim my thankfulness in praise.



Aside from being reflective, the weekend was truly spectacular.

My brother Clark brought his girlfriend Chelsea up to the cabin for the first time. They've only been dating for 3 years so now that we know their relationship is legit we decided to let her into the inner circle of our family. Oh wait, we did that a long time ago.

Owen was in heaven having all these different people help him use his imagination. My youngest brother Galen won the title of "Best Uncle of the weekend" because of the amount of time he spent with Owen playing Dragons and Monster trucks. It was pretty impressive I'm not gonna lie.

Lots of little moments to soak up and enjoy each others company...or some corn on the cob if you were Jesse.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment