Saturday, July 20, 2013

I'm telling you what I think...

I think life is a pip. I have been the kind of kid from birth that is curious about whatever. I always marveled at those little worm guys that got about by pulling their bottoms up and their fronts moved forward ... they made a little hump in the middle as they moved along.



I later found out these were inch worms. And those little bugs that rolled up into a tiny ball if you touched them? later found out they had a name also ... pill bugs... we called them rolly pollies... I liked caterpillars and loved the idea they became butterflies??! how cool is that?




Alice in Wonderland! WHAT a movie... Whoooo are youuuu ... oh, and the Cheshire Cat? loved that guy... I would call the moon Cheshire Cat moon when it well, looked like his smile.



Eighth moon? I'd lie on the grass looking up at the stars and moon with whatever animal was interested ... cat and dog for sure.



Needed rest after a day of mud pie making and avoiding mean ol big brothers. Did I tell you that Mother made them 'play' with me because she felt so sorry for me having no one to play with.



We lived in the country until I was eight years old. Until I was six years old and began First Grade... never heard of kindergarten... I only had my two older brothers and my animals to play with.



They would let me tag along a bit then run away and leave me. Of course, I knew my woods and I preferred being alone with just me and my animals. mean ol things... Mother wouldn't let me do much by myself so my brothers and I had an agreement that we would say ok then go about our day.



Isn't that interesting that there was no fear. Unheard of for people to molest children. She was afraid of snakes or that I would fall or wander off and get lost kinda stuff. She would let me go by myself on a walk down or up the road to the orchards and ponds if Dusty went me. She trusted that dog and knew he would look after me. and he did.



This was in the 40's. oh, well unless anyone is old enough to remember The Phantom Killer which was made into a movie ~ The Town That Dreaded Sundown ~ I was,I don't know 3 or 4 years old but I remember Mother hearing a noise outside and my Dad and Uncles going outside to search the property ~ with shotguns.



Pretty scary stuff. Plus Texarkana also well, Fouke which is up the road a piece... had the Legend of Boggy Creek.



We just always referred to it as the Fouke Monster... oh, that'd be a fun post to post about where I grew up.



I just might do that one of these days. goofy place ~ border town on Arkansas and Texas. Big ol beautiful post office straddles downtown State Line Avenue.



Going about our day, I chose my animals. my woods. had it all fixed up with my doll house and a cotton blanket for lying on looking at the sun filtering through the trees ... smelling that wonderful pine scent from the trees.



Pink and yellow flowers and clover .... all for making jewelry and playing with my cat to chase or bat. Kitsy and Dusty... Kitsy ~ cat ... Dusty ~ dog... I'd lay on Dusty for a pillow ...



All kinds of birds flitted by. butterflies. love LOVED butterflies ~ they'd land and flutter. Kitsy liked it too but never chased them. well ever once in a while.. but very lazily.



As I've gotten old ... here. I look back and all ... i say ALL the stuff that life has wrought ~ brought and proclaimed me to be the recipient of a lot of unnecessary thises and thats because .... I don't know why ~ being curious and being curious can lead to a lot of unnecessary stuff.



BUT then I wouldn't have known a lot of stuff was unnecessary. Y'all still there? Superfluous redundant crap. needed to be defined, I guess so.



Hey Universe! I got it. don't sweat the small stuff and wake up ... god jesus ... I'm so grateful for waking up in a non cluttered house with fresh beans for coffee making and three cats who say hey .... one lingers... the others say hey and want back out to see what's happening.



I can sit here and type on my lap top while watching whatever I want on the TV ... or listen to music ~ eat some pecans with raspberry bars ... and ponder how far .... how freaking far I've come. grown? oh, my mind. it's so peaceful at this moment.



What the hell else is there. That bullshit Rolling Stone cover? the idiot politicians?



The woman who just killed herself and her two children in the welfare office in Texas because she couldn't get food stamps.



I read the article ... more information will be forthcoming.



Whatever caused her or other women to kill themsleves and their kids... I can't fix it. vigilantes who kill teenagers. I can't fix it



So, while I'm sitting here looking out of my huge window with green green trees letting some sky come through ... cats purring and fed. ... people are dying ~ being born ~ hurting ~ living on the streets ~ alone and desperate ~ hurting ... a baby was born and named North ~ another has eleventy billion people waiting for it to be born ... the next heir to a throne...



A young woman hit a little boy and didn't stop ... just kept going over a month ago has now been arrested... how in the living breathing hell... two people were thrown from a boat ... a 55 year old drowned. I'm listening to the noon news. why? because I'm typing here and too damn lazy to reach for the remote.



Our state treasurer has been arrested for taking bribes ... oh, Emmanuel Baptist church is having a food drive. that's what churches need to be doing instead of telling me what to do with my uterus...we women are too stupid to think for ourselves ~ make our own decisions ~ we need church people and neanderthal politicians to make them for us. always wondered what men would do with a vagina ... or well, what I'd do with a penis... funny idn't it.



I can't fix any of it.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment