Monday, July 22, 2013

Two Years At FtB

As the first annual FtBConscience wraps up, it astonishes me to note that my first FtB post went up two years ago today. , I thank Ed and PZ for creating this place and populating it with these people. And I especially thank my readers and commenters for helping feed my addiction. I am gathering up verses in preparation for putting another book out, and it astonishes me to find literally hundreds of verses I don't really remember writing, and some of them really aren't half bad (others, of course, are astonishingly bad).The gods have taken many guises;

Fathers, mothers, monsters, friends,

Tricksters bent on bold surprises


Schemers bent on selfish ends

That's how we've known 'em.



We've done our best to try to please ,

To understand as best we could;

For eons we had bent our knees;

Then questioned gods, then boldly stood,

And now, outgrown 'em.



I took this photo at the Temple of Isis at Dion, in the shadow of Mount Olympus.Long-time readers with photographic memories might remember me .It must have been a beautiful temple; it certainly is a beautiful swamp.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment