Saturday, July 20, 2013

My New Favorite Thing

I had been talking about getting a sewing machine for a while and a couple weeks ago I finally broke down and took a class instead. I have always loved making things with my hands and sewing seemed like a really practical hobby to take up! I was itching to make the adorable burp cloths my crafty mom made for Colgan, as well as make some bread bags for Seth's delicious homemade bread so, I took a Sewing 1010 class at a local sewing/fabric store in Denver a couple weeks ago. Most of the class was talking about the sewing machine but we also made a pillowcase! It has French seams and everything. I love it!



After my class I borrowed Saralyn's sewing machine, took to the internet for some tutorials and tried my hand at the burp cloths. I ran to Target and got myself a 10 pack of diapers, opened them up to wash them and realized I bought the single-ply diapers by accident. Darn! I folded a few in half and tried to edge them with fabric. It wasn't so easy but they're pretty cute! The next day, I went back to Target to get the pre-folded diapers and went to town!




Maisie is a good little helper. I made a handful of burp clothes with boy prints for a baby shower in a few weeks and a bunch with sweet girl prints for a baby shower in August, a few of them are in the photo above. I have been trying to figure out what to do with the single-ply diapers. I made a monster burp cloth with strategic folding that I'm pretty proud of. It's what I'm working on in the photo above. But now I'm itching for my next project! What else will I sew? We will see!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment