Thursday, December 26, 2013

TOP TELEVISION PROGRAMS of 2013...900 POSTS!!!

My top 5 tv shows pretty much stayed the same - only the rankings have changed plus one major mover!



#5 GAME OF THRONES. Season Three.




"By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"



Gotta be honest, I expected a bit more overall in season three. It seemed as though season two set it up for some pretty big things. Not so fast. With that being said, there were still many twists and turns and advancement of character. I'm really starting to like some characters that they made you hate either by circumstance or their personal arc. Some lost their wankies, some lost their heads, and some lost everything. The Red Wedding. Damn.



#4 BREAKING BAD. The Final Season concludes.



"I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really -- I was alive."



The end of the saga with just about every loose thread tied up as you would expect. Way to go, Mr. White.



#3 THE AMERICANS. Season One.



"You're gonna to lose this war. You know know that right? You can torture me or you can kill me, but we are going kick your Motherland's marbled ass. And, there's nothing you can do about it."



Great first season of 80s Cold War drama. Can't wait to see where Season Two goes.



#2 THE WALKING DEAD. Season 3.5 and 4.0.



"You walk outside, you risk your life. You take a drink of water, you risk your life. Nowadays you breath and you risk your life. You don't have a choice. The only thing you can choose is what you're risking it for."



We had the second half of season three and the first half of season four in 2013. Woodbury burned, The Governor fled, the Prison suffered an outbreak, we had more deaths and an unexpected bloodbath for the midseason finale.



#1 HANNIBAL. Season One.



"I see his madness and I want to contain it like an oil spill.

Oil is valuable. What value does Will Graham's madness have to you?"



Outstanding first season of a show I thought couldn't exist, much less succeed. Mads Mikkelsen stars as Dr. Hannibal Lecter along with Laurence Fishburne and Hugh Dancy as Detective Will Graham. Blows my mind that this is on network television. Gruesome pyschological material and very heavy on the gore. Creepy and intense imagery, atmospheric music, and great overall storyline. Mikkelsen makes Lecter his own. Must. Watch.



Lots of inventive murder scenes are showcased in each new episode...but nothing...and I mean NOTHING...will top Episode 9's Corpse Tree Totem. Wow that's scary looking.



And coming in February 2014...



HONORABLE MENTION: AMERICAN HORROR STORY - COVEN



Season Three reinvents the series once again as a coven of witches lives in New Orleans and fends off voodoo queens, witch hunters, the undead and a frankenstein's monster. More focus than the previous season.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment