Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 7: Frankenstein Friday

FRANKENSTEIN FRIDAY



Where there is no imagination there is no horror.


~Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.



The last Friday of every month is Frankenstein Friday. Today is the day to celebrate Frankenstein's 'parents'; and .



Mary wrote the book when she was only 21 (Wow! A timeless bestseller so young color me jealous). It was only recently that I discovered her middle name and her connection to Mary Wollstonecraft, an early feminist writer.



Boris Karloff took on the role of Frankenstein in the movie when Bela Lugosi turned it down. His face has become the face of Frankenstein's monster. Boris is also famously known as the voice in How the Grinch Stole Christmas.



These two should have a day to honor them.



However, the thing I find most fascinating is that writer/producer Ron MacCloskey, in 1997, invented this holiday. I want to invent a holiday. That sounds like so much fun. Which holiday would you create?



I am officially past the halfway mark on my 13 day journey to becoming a better blogger. Yay!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment