Thursday, November 28, 2013

Figure I'm Thankful for

threeatoysactionportablefightingjc



I keep returning to ThreeA Toys Fighting JC as a figure that I am thankful for. I've written two articles about this figure, both the 1/6 () and the 1/12 () versions, and I keep coming back to them as fantastic figures. It's a fictional JC (or Jesus Christ), one that may or not be the son of God, but he seems to think so in the comics, and that is good enough for me.




threeatoysactionportablefightingjc



The concept is just the best part. Christ being sent back to Earth by God to clean up the zombie/monster mess, to make things right again, outside of Judgement Day, which has JC all kinds of pissed off. And to do this he assembles a team and calls them the "Adventure Kartel." And even if the guy is just delusional, what a fantastic leader for a miscreant group of heroes out to battle the zomb hoards! It's a simple, fantastic concept; one that is easy to get into and loose enough that you can use your imagination to fill the gaps.



threeatoysactionportablefightingjc



And the figure is perfect. I've gone on and on about the Adidas trainers, and I could continue to go on about them. A perfect little addition and the fact that they are retro style is just a cherry on top. The kung-fu pants and boxer's robe are beautifully executed, and the tattoos that cover his body are beautiful at both scales, but are even more impressive at 1/12 due to the actual size of the figure. Everything about this figure just screams fun.



I'm thankful that ThreeA Toys cranked out a 1/12 version of this figure. There aren't a lot of figures that I want to see made in 6-inch scale, but JC was high on my list for a long time.



threeatoysactionportablefightingjc
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment