Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nintendo eShop: Mighty Switch Force, Attack of the Friday Monsters, and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

Recently bought a $20 Nintendo eShop Card and got the surprise of the lifetime! Another card was stuck behind the card I originally bought, neither I nor the sales clerk noticed it being there.



TL;DR paid $20 for a $40 credit.




And so what to do with all the credits? An online shopping spree, of course! Since I am planning on catching up with some games, I bought the original Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda via the Virtual Console. While I am currently enjoying playing the original Mario with a little help from my bro, I somehow regret purchasing the original Zelda game as I have no idea how to play through it.



Other purchases include:



MIGHTY SWITCH FORCE! Price: $5.99



MIGHTY SWITCH FORCE! is a puzzle platformer developed by for Nintendo 3DS. It is the third game in WayForward's Mighty series, following Mighty Milky Way and Mighty Flip Champs. The game was released on the Nintendo eShop on December 22, 2011. An update to the game, including five new levels, was released on May 24, 2012. A high-definition version, Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition, was released for the Wii U in 2012, featuring re-drawn graphics and other new features. A sequel, Mighty Switch Force! 2, was released in June 2013.



I am thoroughly enjoying Mighty Switch Force right now. I have always been a fan of platform games and it was a match-made-in-heaven when a good friend recommended this one for me. The graphics are good and the game itself is easy enough to navigate. You control a female cyborg named Patricia Wagon (thanks Wikipedia!) whose goal is to round up all the female (not to mention sexy) convicts and return to the exit point as quick as possible. Each level has an indicated par time that the player has to beat and ugh, my time on my first play through is abysmal as hell. I still got 4 more levels to work on but I'm already thinking of purchasing the sequel once I finish this one.



ATTACK OF THE FRIDAY MONSTERS Price: $7.99



ATTACK OF THE FRIDAY MONSTERS! is a life simulation game designed by Kaz Ayabe, who is known in Japan for the popular series. The game follows a boy named Sohta who lives in a town where monsters and superheroes from 1970s shows appear every Friday. The game was released in Japan on March 13, 2013 and in North America and Europe on July 18, 2013.



Surprise, surprise! I managed to finish this one under 5 hours worth of play time. Yay for me! It's probably because I kept the guide on so I didn't have to ponder on where to go next but still, I found the game interesting enough to finish it in one sitting.I enjoyed the graphics a lot being an anime fan and all . I also liked the gameplay of the monster cards. It took me quite some time to figure out how to win the game but I eventually got the hang of it and made everyone my slave. insert evil laugh here.



THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: ORACLE OF SEASONS Price: $5.99



THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: ORACLE OF SEASONS is one of two Legend of Zelda titles released for the Game Boy Color as part of Capcom's Oracle Series, the other being THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: ORACLE OF AGES. They were released on February 27, 2001 in Japan, May 14, 2001 in North America, and October 5, 2001 in Europe for Nintendo'shandheld console.



Despite my epic failure in purchasing the original Zelda game via Virtual Console, I was once again talked into buying another Zelda game - Oracle of Seasons, simply because it's red and never mind that I still have a dungeon or two to finish in Ocarina of Time. So far, so good I'd say since I managed to get through Gnarled Root Dungeon and Snake's Remains. Haven't started on the third level / dungeon since walkthrough says I still have to obtain a flute through dancing before moving on.



So, have you purchased games from the Nintendo eShop? Any recommendations on what should I play next? Share it in the comments section!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment