What do Twislers
and Halloween have in common?
Yes, that red licorice stick of candy and Halloween. What do they have in common? The answer...they are both twisted and both cheap imitations.
Did you know that there is not one bit of licorice in a Twisler? The ingredients are corn syrup, flour, sugar,gelatin spun round and round to give a twisted appearance.And, Halloween is now considered by many to be a holiday, but is far from being a holy-day. Quite the opposite. It celebrates the complete opposite of holy. It is actually an event that Satan, the ruler of this world, has lulled us into believing is a harmless, fun activity. Both appear to be something they are not.
When Lucifer (satan) was an angel in heaven, he wanted to raise his throne above the the stars of God... and make himself like the Most High. (Isaiah 14:12-14) He has been in competition with God for eons..wanting more of our time, our money, and our very decision making.
* We've been bombarded the entire month of October with TV ads to celebrate Halloween, and the stores are loaded with all kinds of decorations and costumes. Americans spend so much money for this "holiday" that commercially it is second only to Christmas. Money that could be spent on healthy food for growing kids, paying bills, or tithes to God are instead being spent on candy that causes tooth decay, weight gain, sugar addictions and diabetes, which is at an all time high. How good is this??
* Trick or Treat night has recently been extended over an entire week. What exactly is Trick or Treat?...it appears to be a harmless activity, but it's origin is not. Children would threaten homeowners that if they did not receive candy, money, or treats, they would play pranks on the people, such as breaking windows, sitting fires, etc. That does not sound like fun to me..but more like extortion.Surely, not Godly behavior.
* Satan is an expert of masquerading. (Rev.2:13-15). He deceived Eve by appearing as a serpent or snake, and roams about as a lion. Halloween is about masquerading as something or someone we are not. Everyone knows that Halloween parties are incomplete without costumes. There are entire stores that sell nothing but costumes, with people beginning shopping for them months in advance and spending large amounts on money for the most outrageous. Is satan our role model?
* The symbols of Halloween are those that reflect the work of satan: rotting corpses, bare-boned skeletons, witches, monsters, evil henchmen, devils, tortured souls of the dead. This stuff in real life is not fun. Death is the work of satan, not of God. How many of us have mourned the loss of a loved one, yet satan, through Halloween, makes death seem glamorous.
* Terror and fear are also made to seem like fun. Haunted Houses are so popular that folks stand in line to enter, and horror movies are a hot ticket especially this time of year. However, if anyone were tortured and brutalized in real life, it would not be fun, but a tragedy. We even expose our small children to all this, yet did you know that children's minds cannot distinguish reality from fantasy? Heart monitors have been placed on children going through Halloween torture chambers and their heart beats are elevated to a dangerously high level.(What parent wants to scare their precious child to death?)
* This all seems like insanity to the rational mind. How can this be? Well, satan is the Father of Lies and the Spirit of Falsehood. He is the murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. Just as Eve was deceived by the serpent and his cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray. (2 Cor.11:3) The god of this age (satan) has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light..the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. (2 Cor.4:4.)
We all want to fit in and be liked, but we need to be mindful of what we are doing...which means, we need to think what are we really saying through our actions. Do we really want to celebrate evil, pain and death? It's so easy to take the broad path of our society...do what everyone else is doing, without really thinking about what our actions mean in the spiritual realm. Satan wants to entice us to follow the crowd in doing what seems on the surface as fun. He excites and incites us to act in ungodly ways. Don't fall for his tricks. Jesus said "Away from me, satan! for it is written: Worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only." Mat.4:10Peace be with you, Christine