Thursday, December 19, 2013

4 & 5 Fang Review- Tragic Love by M.S. Brannon

Publication Date: June 4, 2013

"I am certain, without any doubt, she was meant to be in my life. We belong to each other. I spent too much of my time consumed with what everyone else thinks of my feelings for Darcie, but the truth is, it was always supposed to be this way." ~Reggie Evans




Darcie Claiborne spent several years of her young life living with a monster, always fearing what he would do next. Clasping onto her last ounce of hope, Darcie releases a scream. It's her final attempt to live; to survive the villain of her reality. Sweeping her up in his arms, Darcie's knight in shining armor rescues her from the hell she's been living; from the stepfather she's feared for all those years.



Reggie Evans has been forced to grow up before he's ready when his mother dies of an overdose, leaving him responsible to raise his younger brothers. One fateful night, Reggie jogs by an old, run down house and discovers a young girl clinging to life as she screams for help.



Three years later, Darcie is healing and always protected by the man who saved her, but now she's fighting with something she isn't prepared to face. The growing love for the man who saved her life three years ago, the same man who's nine years older. All the while, Reggie fights to protect Darcie from the demons of her past and new ones of her present.



**Mature Content Warning** 17+ for language and sexual content**



Excerpt:



My feet start to move quickly as I travel down through old buildings toward the bar. In a few short minutes, I make my way to the parking lot where I need to stop to catch my breath. The heat is sucking all the air from my lungs along with my guilt for what I've done. When I pull open the door I can hear Darcie screaming at Drake at the same time that Reggie is restraining his arms, pinning them behind his back. His eyes meet mine and they break all over again. I have to save him. I can't bring him down with all the ugliness growing inside of me.



I slowly walk through the bar and keep my eyes solely on his. Darcie is turning her anger to me, but I shut it down because only Drake matters in this moment. No one else. I reach into my pocket and pull the small white pill from its depths. Placing it in the palm of my hand, I show him exactly what it is and his bloodshot, drunken eyes meet mine, slowly. Reggie releases his hold on Drake, allowing him to lower his arms to his sides.



"What's that?"he asks with a slurred tongue as he shrugs his shoulders, loosening them from the tension inflicted by Reggie.



"I didn't do it. I was waiting for something good to stop me, and then there you were. You are more important to me than my own life and I can't hurt you by doing this," I whisper as I pick up the pill and place it in his sweaty hand.



His eyes focus slowly on the pill. He turns it over with his fingers in his hand, the confusion apparent as he studies the small white tablet. He can't even look at me and I don't blame him. I've ruined any trust he's had in me and I deserve it. I've only been hiding from reality for a long time. Drake tips his hand to the side, allowing the pill to drop to the floor. As it hits the ground, Drake lifts his booted foot then slams it onto the tile. He twists his heel, grinding the pill into a fine white powder.



He slowly lifts his head and looks over to Reggie. "So now you know," he says then he pushes past me, brushing his arm against mine as he walks out on all of us. ~Presley Quinn, Tragic Love



REVIEW: 4 Fangs Darcie Claiborne has lived in the seventh ring of hell for most of her life. Always terrified and wondering if it would end and would she still be alive. One night she can't stand it anymore and decides to make a last ditch effort and scream for her life. Reggie Evans has had to grow up fast by raising his brothers since their mother died. On his run he hears a sound he will never forget. Saving Darcie from a fate worse than death he grabs her and takes her home. Three years later Darcie is trying to put together some semblance of a life. Dancing around their feelings Reggie tries to protect her from her past and his as well while Darcie is fighting to feeling anything but pain and numbness.

Although I enjoyed this book immensely it isn't for everyone. It is raw, brutal, and has some serious torture scenes. Not everyone is going to like it and just to be up front and honest if you can't handle torture, rape attempted and suggested, or violence.well try reading it anyway because it is a good story but just be forewarned. I was given this raw beauty of a book by Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock. M.S. Brannon and Scarred Love definitely left scars on my heart.Darcie has been through hell and back only to have to go through more to get to the other side. This book will tear you up and spit you back out only to have you wrapped up into the story again to do it all over again. It was non-stop heart wrenching drama over and over, but not to much to turn you off and just want to get the story over with. I still cannot believe this is Brannon's debut novel so well done and will definitely continue with the Sulfur Heights series for more. Review 2: 5 Fangs Drake and Presley have been put through the wringer. With the abuse and torment of her Uncle still hanging over Presley's head she is having a tough time getting back to where she was. Drake is trying everything he can to help Presley but when she won't talk to him and keeps things hidden; Drake is torn apart and doesn't know what to do.Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock gave me Tragic Love by M.S. Brannon for a review! And Thank the heavens! I don't want to say much more than that but HOLY SHIT! Even though I cried and cheered and broke emotionally all over again I love this book. I will warn you though there isn't a HEA, and that may turn some people off, but like the author said sometimes life doesn't have a HEA. I am so glad she didn't use the alternative ending because I don't think I could have continued if that had been the ending. This series isn't for the faint of heart or the type that love HEA and easy going love stories. This series is flat out full on emotional roller coaster that doesn't stop until all your emotions are laid flat on the ground! So enjoy! Buy Free Author Interview:



December 20th Tragic Love Interview



* Is writing your only profession?



I wish! I only started to pursue writing within the last year so I'm getting myself out there and known with the public. By day, I'm a slave to the corporate giants as a claims trainer for a major insurance carrier. I do love my job as a trainer. I get to meet lots of new people and interact with people every day. But the moment I discovered writing, it's become my passion, my obsession and I could spend hours upon hours writing.



* Who is your favorite character to write? Why?



Jake Evans: He is crass and arrogant, with a just enough jerk to make you love him. He is a great way for me to say the things I've always wanted to say or already said, no holds barred profanity. I love it!



* Who are some of your favorite authors?



Jessica Sorenson



Jamie McGuire



Colleen Hoover



Molly McAdams



CJ Roberts



Dan Brown



Mary Higgins Clark



James Patterson



* What is your favorite writing snack or drink while you're writing?



Candy (suckers mostly)



Chocolate



Coffee



Soda



* What makes you mad enough to want to throat punch someone?



I can be a little feisty in my free time, so there's several things that make we want to punch someone, but narrowing it down, I would say insulting a member of my family.



* What's your favorite TV show?



Family Guy!



* What would your favorite vacation spot be?



Italy, Spain, Greece, France, Ireland, Scotland basically the entire content of Europe.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment