Thursday, December 19, 2013

I Am Always Left in Awe

Sometimes words can be written so perfectly that we are left in awe. Music is one of those outlets that always leavings me wanting more. Today I got the idea of turning some of my favorite songs into a poem using their titles. The song list can be found at the bottom.



-Love Songs-




Oh skinny love, I know you can't sleep because your thoughts are louder than your voice,



Like the world at large is holding you back, you will float on,



The silhouettes in the back of your mind will soon fade



Alone you are to fight these animals, until I return home



You've tasted the devil's tears and you're left wanting more



You'll feel it in your bones,



For all the lies that were once told, the karma police will be sent out to restore,



While your heart it races and we scream que sera, que sera on and on



The girl, the girl who stole your heart,



Left you with a lack of color in your life, sort of



We'll find time to pretend that you're



Slowly pushing forward,



You are coming and going in waves



White blank page will you slowly breathe me, inhale me



Wait for me,



While your heartbeats and your memory races, we'll stop time so i can fade into you



There will be pieces that forever go missing



Try and remember while I lay heavy in your arms



Young and beautiful,



Our song engraved in my soul, will be my favorite tune



Until we meet again,



Where you'll find me chasing the moon.



~Song List~



Silhouettes - Monsters and Men



The Girl - City and Colour



I Cant Sleep - The Everybodyfields



Sort Of - Ingrid Michaelson



Karma Police - Radiohead



Dog Days - Florence and The Machine



Que Sera - Wax Tailor



Heartbeats - The knife



Missing, Try, Our Song - The XX



Fade Into You - Mazzy Star



Breathe Me - Sia



Lies - Trifonic



White Blank Page - Mumford and Sons



Heavy in Your Arms - Florence and the Machine



The World at Large, Float on - Modest Mouse



Wait For Me - Kings of leon



Skinny Love - Bon Iver



Float on - Modest Mouse



Time to Pretend - MGMT



Devil's Tears - Angus and Julia Stone



Home - Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros



Feel It In Your Bones - Teagan and Sara



Heart it Races - Architecture in Helsinki



Coming and Going (In Waves) - Greg Laswell
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment