Friday, December 20, 2013

Knitting Panic Monster & Finished Objects

Max admonishing me for not knitting my sock.



I was sitting in a waiting room today, mindlessly knitting on a project when it struck me .I appear to be suffering from knitting ADHD. Usually, my best brainwaves happen in the shower - years of showering in the dark, preparing to make my body think it is nighttime and thus time to think, removes all the fuzz from my brain. But sitting in this waiting room today it just hit me: I am afraid to finish my big projects because I am afraid I am going to muck them up.




This is silly. My Panic Monster may be in fine form lately but I refuse to be beaten by the means of that little bugger. So going home I told my husband I was going to finish two projects today - turns out I finished three.



Sock 1 of 2.



So this is the first sock of my third pair. I am no longer really following a pattern - just taking bits and pieces from a lot of patterns to find something that I like. Despite doing the toe decreases a little wonkily the sock fits like a dream! I also really like - this on is the Aqua Jacquard, and working with size 2.25mm needles really isn't that scary.



The Boneyard Shawl is FINISHED!!!!



This, friends and neighbors, is my finished ! It is a free pattern on Ravelry by(he was the one who designed the , which is awesome) and I love it! I should be embarrassed to show a picture of it before it's bath and block, but I am so excited that I finally finished it. I did the Russian Lace Bind Off forwhich is gloriously stretchy, and the yarn is . I don't really like this yarn to be honest, but the color progression is lovely, so I will forgive it. Again, it was another long-term project that was languishing in my cabinet, just waiting for me to put in a couple of hours and finish it.



My Design!



This super bulky, cabled cowl is one of the first of (hopefully many) my designs. I geared up my noggin, picked up some sticks and string and let it rip



It was knitted on size 15US needles with . It may be acrylic yarn but it knit up really nicely, and more importantly handles the two cable needles and 9 stitch cable really well. The only problem I've encountered is the seaming, everything lines up perfectly but there is that little row where the sewing shows - if you're looking. Which I am.



I would really like to write-up the pattern but don't think I should until I figure out the seam - what would be the point of putting it out there without a way to finish it seamlessly? Hmm .I find the whole thing a little baffling.



One day, three projects and I feel like attacking everything in my knitting cabinet. I was fortunate that my WIP cabinet is in our den, if it was still in the basement the burst pipe would have taken all this work. Now I just have to tackle that sweater .and with that friends and neighbors, I will leave you with my thoughts on that!



Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment