Monday, November 18, 2013

Upcoming Releases in October

October 15: Never Fade (The Darkest Minds #2) By: Alexandra Bracken



Ruby never asked for the abilities that almost cost her her life. Now she must call upon them on a daily basis, leading dangerous missions to bring down a corrupt government and breaking into the minds of her enemies. Other kids in the Children's League call Ruby "Leader", but she knows what she really is: a monster. When Ruby is entrusted with an explosive secret, she must embark on her most dangerous mission yet: leaving the Children's League behind. Crucial information about the disease that killed most of America's children--and turned Ruby and the others who lived into feared and hated outcasts--has survived every attempt to destroy it. But the truth is only saved in one place: a flashdrive in the hands of Liam Stewart, the boy Ruby once believed was her future--and who now wouldn't recognize her. As Ruby sets out across a desperate, lawless country to find Liam--and answers about the catastrophe that has ripped both her life and America apart--she is torn between old friends and the promise she made to serve the League. Ruby will do anything to protect the people she loves. But what if winning the war means losing herself?The first book was such a cliffhanger. I'm so glad that it's October already!




Personally, I don't read much Dystopian novels because it's difficult to find a realistic, very absorbing, and well-written works in this category. I really think it's kinda difficult to write a different reality and present it to other people hoping that they will also love and enjoy spending time in your alternate reality.



So among all those other Dystopian novels I've read, it's one of those that I really had fun while reading it. And there's a lot of things that may happen, so more theories. YAY!



October 17: Beat Of The Heart (Runaway Train #2) By: Katie Ashley



After years of bad relationships and a cheating ex-fianc , twenty-eight-year-old Mia Martinelli prefers healing her patients' hearts on the Cardiac Care floor rather than risking having her heart broken again. But that all comes to a screeching halt when caring for the head roadie for Runaway Train puts her into the orbit of drummer and Latin Lover, AJ Resendiz. After a scorching weekend of steamy passion, Mia's intention of getting out with her heart unscathed is challenged by the stud with the wicked sense of humor, especially when he wants to continue seeing her. But when the harsh reality of AJ's hoard of female admirers sends her insecurities into overdrive, Mia bails, leaving him handcuffed to his bathroom shower. AJ never imagined that after two weeks of the best sex and female companionship he'd ever experienced, he would need rescued by his band mates from his shower prison. Although he tries to forget the sensual brunette whose curves made his mouth water, AJ can't get her out of his mind or his heart. Months later when he finally seeks Mia for answers as to why she left, nothing could prepare him for their life-altering reunion. Can AJ prove to Mia that regardless of the women after his body, his heart belongs only to her? Oh you know, there's always a funny guy with a big heart in a rock band.If you enjoyed AJ's humor in Abby and Jake's book, and I definitely did, and wishes for his story and HEA too, this book is a wish granted.



October 23: Allegiant (Divergent #3) By Veronica Roth



One choice will define you. What if your whole world was a lie?What if a single revelation--like a single choice--changed everything?What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered--fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories. But Tris's new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature--and of herself--while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.Months! I waited for this book for months! I was part of that crowd you know. Those who waited patiently and anxiously for the official announcement of it's release date and cover; but most especially it's name. So just imagine our disappointment that it wasn't Detergent. Lol



I'll gladly claim that this trilogy of Veronica Roth is definitely one of my favorites and most liked among all other Dystopian novels.



October 29: Horde (Razorland #3) By Ann Aguirre



The horde is coming.Salvation is surrounded, monsters at the gates, and this time, they're not going away. When Deuce, Fade, Stalker and Tegan set out, the odds are against them. But the odds have been stacked against Deuce from the moment she was born. She might not be a Huntress anymore, but she doesn't run. With her knives in hand and her companions at her side, she will not falter, whether fighting for her life or Fade's love.Ahead, the battle of a lifetime awaits. Freaks are everywhere, attacking settlements, setting up scouts, perimeters, and patrols. There hasn't been a war like this in centuries, and humans have forgotten how to stand and fight. Unless Deuce can lead them.This time, however, more than the fate of a single enclave or outpost hangs in the balance. This time, Deuce carries the banner for the survival of all humanity.Another epic conclusion for another Dystopian novel that I really like. Can't put it down! But this is not just the usual Dystopia but also a post-apocalyptic one. The zombie-a-like and human mutation type. So it's not just about living in their society, but also surviving in that kind of setup.



It's freaking creepy but absolutely a kick-ass story. If you're a fan of The Walking Dead - #TeamPrison #BlockC - you will so love this!



October 29: Greed (The Seven Deadly #2) By Fisher Amelie



Gather 'round, love, because I want you. I want what you have, I want what you don't have, I want more of what I already have. I want. But if you so much as ask for something in return, go ahead and walk away. Know if you want to play in my world, it's every man for themselves and the weak become mine. Leeches will be obliterated because I make it my job to destroy them. I protect what's mine and I take what's yours because that's what I do. I want.My story will not endear me to you and, frankly, I could care less if it does because I'm in this for the money and nothing else. There's nothing redeeming about me. I'm a corrupt, money hungry, immoral asshole from Los Angeles. I'm every man's worst nightmare and every girl's fantasy. I'm Spencer Blackwell And this is the story about how I went from the world's most coveted guy to the guy no one wanted around and why I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.I'll be honest, when I first started reading this series' first book, I wasn't expecting much. I really thought it will be just another story of a spoiled rich girl falling in love. But after a few chapters, I was so hooked in the story that I just kept going chapter after chapter.



Totally unexpected that I'll want more from this author and series!



I'm greedy to read Spencer's story!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment