So- I saw this post on Buzzfeed today, and it made me laugh because it is so true to my life. One of my mom's more disturbing memories of me, is how she bought me this beautiful baby doll when I was like 5, and as she walked past my room, she saw me hurl the doll into the wall. Yup.. I hated baby dolls! Couldn't stand them. But give me a stuffed animal, and they were my baby! I had tons! I told my mom not too long ago that she has to go through all of the ones in the attic because if I did, I would get sad and have to keep them all. I've always been an animal lover and have had a harder time having sympathy for humans over animals. So this post cracked me up! (Though, I've liked to think I've changed, I like babies and kids, and would save a human over an animal if that decision ever had to be made!) Also- the gifs/pictures didn't work on this blog, so I took the pictures out and just left the list
19 INDICATIONS YOU LOVE ANIMALS MORE THAN PEOPLE
1. YOUR MOST MEMORABLE PARTY MOMENTS ALL INVOLVE SITTING IN A CORNER AND PETTING THE HOST'S CAT.
Yes- I was always excited when there was an animal for me to love on at parties. Just last week I was at a gathering where I found myself petting their cat more than talking!
2. YOU REFUSE TO DATE SOMEONE IF YOUR DOG EVER GROWLED AT THEM OR SNUBBED THEM IN ANY WAY.
Yup- I told the girl who hooked Davin and I up that I would NOT date him if he was allergic to cats. I had disregarded guys for that in the past! Well, Davin is allergic (though not very despite what he says!) to cats, so he's lucky I kept him on
3. YOU CAN WATCH INTENSE WAR DRAMAS WITHOUT SHEDDING A TEAR, BUT IF THE COMMERCIAL BREAK INVOLVES SARAH MCLACHLAN, YOU ARE DONE FOR.
Yup- If humans die, it's sad, but animals- it's a sobfest.
4. AS A CHILD, YOU MUCH PREFERRED STUFFED ANIMALS TO HUMAN DOLLS.
See above story - I still can't stand baby dolls
5. YOU CONSIDER THE ABILITY TO HAVE PETS IN THE OFFICE A LEGITIMATE JOB PERK.
Seriously- this would be my dream job! And if I knew how to make a petcam a real thing for myself, I'd do it!
6. WHEN YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN GOING OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS OR LAYING IN BED WITH YOUR PET, THE CHOICE IS OBVIOUS.
A lot of the time when I do go out, I wish I had stayed home and just hung out with the animals (and Davin). This is still one of my top favorite things to do. I have to give them all cuddles every day!
7. YOU SIDE-EYE TODDLERS WHO WON'T STOP BOTHERING AN ANIMAL (AND, MORE IMPORTANTLY, THEIR PARENTS WHO THINK IT'S CUTE.)
Uh yah, I've seen parents who just laugh when their terror child messes with an animal and say, oh they are just young.. uh no, you are just being a bad parent and creating a monster!
8. THE DAY IN 7TH GRADE WHERE YOU HAD TO DISSECT FROGS WAS ONE OF THE WORST DAYS OF YOUR LIFE.
I had to dissect a cat. SO much worse.
9. YOUR FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIES WERE THE ONES THAT STARRED ANIMALS, NOT PRINCESSES.
Actually- this was not true for me. The animal ones made me cry too much so I stuck to the princesses!
10. ZOOS MAKE YOU ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE AND YOU DAYDREAM ABOUT JUMPING IN AND FREEING THE ANIMALS.
They do make me sad, but I tell myself they have a good life having food all the time, to make myself feel better about it!
11. GROWING UP, YOU ALWAYS FELT IRRATIONALLY ENVIOUS OF CARTOON CHARACTERS WITH ANTHROPOMORPHIC ANIMAL BEST FRIENDS.
I would have loved to have a Porkchop as my sidekick. Snickers works for now
12. INSTEAD OF EXCHANGING WATERCOOLER STORIES, YOU SPEND YOUR DOWN TIME AT WORK FINDING WAYS TO GET ANIMALS TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE.
I don't really get this one lol
13. YOUR VERSIONS OF REALITY TV SHOWS ARE LIVE CAMS OF GRIZZLY BEARS AND CORGI PUPPIES.
The animal cams! panda ones are the best
14. AND, EVERY YEAR, YOU COMPLETELY ALIENATE YOURSELF FROM EVERYONE YOU KNOW BY WATCHING THE PUPPY BOWL INSTEAD OF THE SUPER BOWL.
Who cares about the superbowlall for puppy bowl
15. YOU'VE TURNED DOWN PROSPECTIVE ROOMMATES SOLELY BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T INTO GETTING A PET IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
This is why I lived alone with my zoo until Kiara, she was the only one who could have handled those animals! I will always appreciate that Kiara!
16. WHILE YOUR FRIENDS TALK ABOUT HYPOTHETICAL FUTURE CHILDREN, YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT HYPOTHETICAL FUTURE DOGS.
It has only been in the last few years that I've moved to thinking about kids, but animals, always
17. YOU TEND TO INTERRUPT DEEP CONVERSATIONS BECAUSE YOU JUST PASSED BY A REALLY CUTE DOG ON THE STREET.
Yup, I can stop a conversation to go, oh cute dog!
18. YOU HATE TO ADMIT IT, BUT YOU IDENTIFY WITH THE CHARACTERS IN BEST IN SHOW.
Some of those couples are so Davin and me with Snickers
19. YOU'VE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY "CAT LADY" IS A BAD THING; TO YOU, HAVING A LIFELONG PET SOULMATE ALWAYS SOUNDED BETTER THAN MARRIAGE BECAUSE ANIMALS ARE PERFECT.
Cat Lady is a good thing.