Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Characterized By Nostalgia: Frankenstein

Why do I adore Frankenstein's Monster so much? Because I identify with him. The Monster is misunderstood. Everyone runs from him when he's simply trying to communicate the best way he can. Sure, his presence can be seen as overwhelming, but he's seriously a gentle soul trying to make it in this world, and he just wants a friend like him. He breaks my heart because I understand him -- more than anyone knows.



I own multiple versions of the story, including the 1910 Edison's Frankenstein and the classic Mel Brooks's Young Frankenstein (side note: I cannot hear "Puttin' on the Ritz" without mimicking the film); however, I've always been drawn to the 1931 Carl Laemmle production of Frankenstein.




Read the rest of (1,148 words)



(c) Lauren Taylor for , 2013. | | | Add to

Post tags: ,
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment