Hey, everyone! Jenny from nominated me for the Liebster Award, recently. Blogger awards are such a great way to learn more about fellow bloggers, so I jumped at the chance to participate. I already knew a lot about Jenny, since we're actually friends in real life, but I really loved reading her post and learning bits about her that I didn't already know. I hope you'll enjoy this post and learn a little bit more about me!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
1. I don't like plain milk, only flavoured milk like chocolate milk or milkshakes.
2. I had appendicitis when I was 6, and had to have surgery.
3. I've never had a tooth cavity
4. I've never been stung by a bee
5. Most oftentimes than not, I wish I had straight hair.
6. My dad wanted to name me Charlie
7. So far in my life, I've had the chance to parasail in France, surf and snorkel in Hawaii and Tenerife, indoors skydive, boulder, paraglide in Tenerife, have a quad safari, visit a few volcanoes and trek up a few mountains. I'm extremely lucky.
8. I have ridden a camel this summer
9. I live in the country, near a lot of farms and it smells really bad in the spring.
10. My first word was "balloon"
11. My first language is French.
1. Favourite artist(s) at the moment?
Although this changes basically every couple of weeks, I'm really loving everything from Aviicii, Of Monsters and Men and Macklemore at the moment. I know, my taste in music is all over the place.
2. What is the best book you've ever read?
If you didn't know this before, I'm a total Harry Potter nerd. I've read the whole series more than 5 times. I just never get tired of it, and Harry Potter is one of those series where you notice something new every time you read it. Besides that, I really like The Book Thief by Mark Zusak, The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Alborn, and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I really love to read, so those are just a couple of my favorites. Seriously, I could write an entire blog post about all of the books I love.
3. What are your autumn essentials?
Chai tea, a cozy sweater, leggings, a scarf and my pumpkin spice candle
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
This is a difficult one, since there are so many places I'd like to visit in the world. Since I've already been to Italy, Hawaii and France, I can take these three off my list, so I guess I'd have to say Morocco, the Maldives, New York or Ireland.
5. Do you have any weird talents?
I can move my eyebrows independent of each other. I know a lot of people can do that, though. Is it still considered weird, then?
6. What is/was your least favourite subject at school?
Everyone who knows me knows that my least favourite subject is Math. I've always despised Math.
7. Funniest joke you know?
Why don't seagulls fly by the bay? Because then they'd be called bagels.
Where do kings keep their armies? Up their sleeves.
Why do gorillas have large noses? Because they have large fingers.
Ha. Ha. Ha. My immature humor.
8. Chocolates or sweets?
Oooh, chocolate. I'm a major chocoholic.
9. What are you most excited for right now?
The fact that there's a long weekend coming up!
10. What is one food you will never be sick of?
Chocolate, or bread.
11. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I've always loved to write. During the summer, I came across Zoella, and I guess that by reading her blog and seeing how it changed her life, I thought that creating my own could be a really fun and exciting new experience. Not only could it allow me to share my opinions and thoughts on different things, it could also allow me to connect with like-minded people from all over the world, which is a pretty special thing, if you ask me.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite accent?
3. What is your favorite quote?
4. If you were the main character in a movie, which actress would you want to play your role?
5. What did you want to be when you were little?
6. If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (Standard rule: no wishes for wishes, etc.)
7. What is your favorite line from a movie?
8. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why?
9. What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
10. What is your favorite Disney movie?
11. If you could be best friends with one fictional character, from any book, TV show, or movie, who would it be?Thanks again to Jenny, for tagging me in her post! I had loads of fun writing this!
See you next week!