This past Halloween there may have been "play" monsters among us, trick-or-treating, but there are real monsters in the world walking the streets and abusing and neglecting animals every day.If you are an animal lover and spend any time on forums such as Facebook, spend any time reading the news or watching the news, you know that animal abuse and animal neglect is rampant.I have zero tolerance for animal abuse or neglect of any kind, and if you're reading this post, I'm betting you feel the same way.
Susie was found nearly dead in Greenfield Park in Greensboro, North Carolina, on August 20, 2009. Just a puppy, Susie had licked the face of her owner's newborn baby. Her owner became violent -- she was beaten so severely, her jaw was broken. That wasn't enough, though. Susie was then set on fire and left for dead.
Donna survived a vicious pit bull attack from a neighbors' dog when the dog was left behind when they moved.Donna had observed the dog chained outside and underfed for five years. When the owners moved and left the dog, Donna began caring for it instead of calling Animal Control. Each day she put a bowl of food in its doghouse and left. She did this for several days, but during a routine visit one morning, the dog attacked her from behind.It was a miracle she survived.
One day Donna met Susie, and Susie changed Donna's life forever. Susie and Donna shared something in common: she was a pit bull mix that had been tortured by a human, and Donna was viciously attacked by a pit bull just a few months before they met. Their similar experiences allowed them to go from being victims to living victorious lives. Donna forgave the dog for her wrongful attack, and Susie forgave the human for hers.
Today, Saturday, November 2, 2013, through Saturday, November 9, 2013, 7 p.m. Mountain (Colorado) time, I am hosting a fundraiser on my Kindred Spirits Gift Shop, LLC, Facebook page benefiting Susie's Hope, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
With your donations, Susie's Hope continues to advance its mission of educating people of all ages about animal abuse and proper pet care.Through literature, programs, and community events, Susie's Hope has seen the lives of many animals changed for the better.In particular, Susie's Hope has enjoyed great success with the passing of Susie's Law in 2010.The goal is to continue to make a difference in the lives of animals nationwide.With the help of donations from supporters such as you, we all will continue to see lives changed.
You can donate in your own name or in the name of a beloved pet.Susie's Hope will gladly accept a donation as small as ONE dollar!
RULES FOR ENTRY: 1. "Like" the and comment on their page that Kindred Spirits sent you.
2. "Like" the (who is donating the gifts and sponsoring this fundraiser).If you are not already a Kindred Spirits fan, comment on our page that you are there to support Susie's Hope.Your "Like" on the Kindred Spirits page will enter your name one time into the drawing for one of eight prizes donated by the Kindred Spirits Gift Shop, LLC.
3. Make at least a $1 donation to Susie's Hope through the and tell Donna how you learned about Susie's Hope (Kindred Spirits).After you have made your direct donation to Susie's Hope, be SURE to comment on the Kindred Spirits Gift Shop, LLC, Facebook page that you have made your donation and the amount of your donation (which will be verified!) so you will be entered in the drawing to win one of the prizes.
4. Increase your odds of winning one of the prizes by donating additional $1 increments. Example, if you wish to donate $5, you will be entered five times in the drawing. If you donate $10, you will be entered ten times in the drawing!
5. 100 PERCENT of the proceeds raised will be donated to Susie's Hope.
6.Another way to be entered into the drawing for a prize, though it is not mandatory, is to .$7.50 of the purchase price will be donated to Susie's Hope.If you purchase a Susie's Hope bracelet, your name will be entered FIVE times in the drawing to win one of the prizes!
7. Winners will be chosen by Random.org. on Sunday, November 10, 2013, after 6 p.m. Mountain (Colorado) Time and will be notified on the Kindred Spirits Gift Shop, LLC, Facebook page no later than the close of business on Monday, November 11, 2013. The winners' gifts will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail the week of November 10, 2013. Please allow for possibly a little extra time for the Susie's Hope t-shirt prize as that will have to be shipped directly from Donna, once she has the winner's size.
Please note: Shipping is limited to WITHIN THE USA ONLY.
In addition to all of us pitching in our dollars, if you purchase any gift item from the Kindred Spirits Gift Shop, LLC, during the Susie's Hope event, the Kindred Spirits Gift Shop, LLC, will donate 10% of the subtotal of your order to Susie's Hope! This amount will NOT be added onto your order!Please be sure to mention "Susie's Hope" in the shipping instructions during the checkout process so Jean will know to direct your donation to Susie's Hope.
On behalf of Susie's Hope, I (we) would like to thank you for your participation and donations.Your commitment to helping promote education about animal care and abuse in our communities is sincerely appreciated.
~ Jean B. Brudd
BY PARTICIPATING/BEING AN ENTRANT IN THE SUSIE'S HOPE FUNDRAISER THROUGH FACEBOOK, YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE:
1.COMPLETELY RELEASING FACEBOOK
2.ACKNOWLEDGING THAT OUR EVENT/PROMOTION, AND THE PRIZES AWARDED, IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK.