are hosts to the awesome TOP TEN TUESDAY feature, and I've decided to do this one on my blog every last Tuesday of the month. I initially wanted to do it on a weekly basis but let's be honest here, my BA thesis and final music exam will be taking a toll on my free time once the summer semester starts, so why not make it a part of my monthly schedule instead!
This week is a list of worlds you'd never want to live in, and to no one's surprise, it's basically also TOP TEN DYSTOPIA'S YOU'D BE SCARED SHITLESS LIVING IN! Colorful language right there! (Be prepared, I'm going to be a lit-tle sarcastic with this!)
1. BRAVE NEW WORLD (Aldous Huxley): I don't know about you, but giving up the likes of religion, poetry, danger, freedom, goodness, sin and unhappiness just doesn't do it for me in the long run.
2. UNDER THE NEVER SKY (Veronica Rossi): Having to chose between living in dome cities and virtual worlds or life outside in the wild and be fried by violent Aether storms? Nah, neither is really my thing.
3. THE HUNGER GAMES (Suzanne Collins): I think that's pretty self-explanatory.
4. ANGELFALL (Susan Ee): I'm not too fond of an apocalypse's side effects, really. Are evil angels still popular?
5. PERFECT RUIN (Lauren DeStefano): I would be dead within a day having said something or other against the government and being executed a dissident. I don't do well with authority figures that try to crush my curiosty for the world.
6. DIVERGENT (Veronica Roth): I just don't feel like being part of the government's whole gene pool-cleansing program (and being executed for wanting to be honest, kind, intelligent, brave and helpful isn't nice, either)
7. SHADOW AND BONE (Leigh Bardugo): The Darkling and his Shadow Fold obsession isn't a thing of beauty. Monsters roaming the continent (which is veiled in complete darkness)? Not a happy place.
8. ARTICLE 5 (Kirsten Simmons): I don't do well with old men trying to tell me what to do with my life and forcing me into the role of a submissive housewife. Really don't.
9. THE PROGRAM (Suzanne Young): Always being afraid of showing how I really feel because The Program (an anti-suicide movement) is lurking to get rid of my memories to suffocate any kindling of unhappiness? Doesn't sound so good.
10. DELIRIUM (Lauren Oliver): A world without love? Well, that's just terrible!