Wednesday, January 15, 2014

2013 Fifty Fifty Me Challenge Summary

Clearly, I became increasingly unfaithful in reporting my fiftyfifty.me statistics as 2013 wore on. When I last reported in September, my stats were:



Books total: 90Minus folktales: 53Movies 28Major 37/7Minor 2/3


One thing I learned was that I was not going to watch 50 new movies in 2013. I would much rather read or watch a TV series on DVD or Netflix such as Orange is the New Black, Grimm or Murdoch Mysteries. So, I pretty much gave up that challenge. In fact, the only new (to me) movies I can remember watching between October-December were Enough Said and Despicable Me. So, I only watched 30 movies.



I think that I read twelve more chapter books/novels:



Alphabetical by author:



* Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough

* After: 19 Stories of Apocalypse & Dystopia Ed. by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling

* The Panopticon by Jenni Fagan

* If You Could Be Mine by Sara Farizan

* On the Day I Died: Stories from the Grave by Candace Fleming

* Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman

* Skylight Confessions by Alice Hoffman

* The Great Trouble: a Mystery of London, The Blue Death, and a Boy Called Eel by Deborah Hopkinson

* The Rebellion of Miss Lucy Ann Lobdell by William Klaber

* The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long

* Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness

* UnSouled by Neal Shusterman



I only read two books by John Steinbeck in 2013. Maybe I'll read the last one in 2014.



I read twenty one more folktales, but I left Japan behind and visited stories of Aboriginal Australia and China. To see them, click my labels for each country.



Final stats (or so I think, I've never been good at math):



Books total: 123Minus folktales: 65Movies 30Major 37/7Minor 2/3
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment