Clearly, I became increasingly unfaithful in reporting my fiftyfifty.me statistics as 2013 wore on. When I last reported in September, my stats were:
Books total: 90Minus folktales: 53Movies 28Major 37/7Minor 2/3
One thing I learned was that I was not going to watch 50 new movies in 2013. I would much rather read or watch a TV series on DVD or Netflix such as Orange is the New Black, Grimm or Murdoch Mysteries. So, I pretty much gave up that challenge. In fact, the only new (to me) movies I can remember watching between October-December were Enough Said and Despicable Me. So, I only watched 30 movies.
I think that I read twelve more chapter books/novels:
Alphabetical by author:
* Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough
* After: 19 Stories of Apocalypse & Dystopia Ed. by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling
* The Panopticon by Jenni Fagan
* If You Could Be Mine by Sara Farizan
* On the Day I Died: Stories from the Grave by Candace Fleming
* Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman
* Skylight Confessions by Alice Hoffman
* The Great Trouble: a Mystery of London, The Blue Death, and a Boy Called Eel by Deborah Hopkinson
* The Rebellion of Miss Lucy Ann Lobdell by William Klaber
* The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long
* Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
* UnSouled by Neal Shusterman
I only read two books by John Steinbeck in 2013. Maybe I'll read the last one in 2014.
I read twenty one more folktales, but I left Japan behind and visited stories of Aboriginal Australia and China. To see them, click my labels for each country.
Final stats (or so I think, I've never been good at math):
Books total: 123Minus folktales: 65Movies 30Major 37/7Minor 2/3