Thursday, January 16, 2014

2014 TV That I've Got to See

All that glitters is not gold and as such not every television series is as precious as we hoped it would be. There are a couple shows I watch now that I don't even like but keep hoping they'll get better because some shows have crappy first seasons but somehow get a second, and then actually do a decent job the next time around. In true TV loving form, I've compiled a list of shows to start in 2014 that I look forward to - giving a chance!



INTELLIGENCE




For me, my tuning in to Intelligence is solely for Sawyer from LOST, I mean, Josh Holloway. For his sake and my own, I really hope this show sustains itself, but I won't hold my breath. Hurley's Alcatraz and Locke's 666 Park Avenue have both disappointed. Hey, if it doesn't work out, can we get Sawyer on Once Upon a Time with all the other Losties?



HELIX



I'm a sucker for a sci-fi, it's true. So, I'll be giving this series a shot even though it includes things I don't particularly like, like ice cold terrain and a possible disease outbreak. I quite enjoyed watching Survivors on Netflix although I needed more after its ending, so I hope this show is at least as pulling.



TRUE DETECTIVE



With a lot of big names attached to this one, such as Woody Harrelson, Matthew McConaughey, and Michelle Monaghan, there are a lot of high hopes on this one. I'm a fan of utilizing multiple timelines, if its done well, so lets see how a seventeen year detectives' hunt for a serial killer goes, shall we?



BLACK SAILS AND CROSSBONES



I was giddy, literally dancing off my seat, when I read about the first six lines of the plot for Black Sails, "During the Golden Age of Piracy " Considering the show was already renewed for a second season before the first one aired, I'm just plain 'ol looking forward to this one. Its a Starz show too, so if you're like me and enjoyed the Spartacus series - let's high-five?



If Spartacus was too bloody, gory and sexy for you - fear not you lousy deckswabber, for NBC has your back. Crossbones is a new series about Blackbeard the pirate and is created by Neil Cross (of British sensation Luther, and with DOCTOR WHO writing credits). Nuff said. No - wait. John Malkovich. There, now I have everyone else's attention.



RESURRECTION



This non-zombie walking dead story has quite the list of producers behind it, including Brad Pitt. Based on the novel The Returned by Jason Mott, we'll be coming to terms with the returning dead - who haven't aged a day since they died.



THE 100



Make way for another Lostie as Desmond becomes a councilman in the CW's post-apocalyptic drama - which is another genre that I will usually always check out. I have enjoyed a few of the CW's offerings, with their Microsoft product placements and all - but hey - like Reign in the 1550s, at least there shouldn't be Windows products in the post-apocalypse, right? Right?



MIND GAMES



For those of you who have recently wondered just what is Christian Slater up to these days? Fear not. Here is your answer: science with a dash of con-artistry, partnered with the zany Steve Zahn. If human behavior, psychology and motivation for finance are things you enjoy, you share that in common with the characters.



THE STRAIN



I've actually already read the vampire book(s) by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan and really enjoyed them as there were parts that gave me goosebumps and made me glance into the dark for monsters. (I like the pitch black, so if reading lights weren't a necessity I'd probably be able to petrify myself ) To add to my fan-excitement, Carlton Cuse from LOST is also at the helm.



THE LEFTOVERS



Another LOST mastermind returns as Damon Lindelof forges behind a drama about the leftovers of the rapture. This one is another book adaptation, but one that I haven't read yet. Definitely allowing my love for post-apocolyptic genre to continue. Its also recently been announced that Liv Tyler is set to co-star with former 'Doctor Who', Christopher Eccleston.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment