Friday, January 3, 2014

Kyoukai no Kanata Review

A half demon boy with a glasses fetish meets a moe demon hunting girl.



With this, it's pretty clear to me that KyoAni has lost all sense of ambition. Instead they choose to animate material that is completely safe and will please their fans.




Kyoukai no Kanata isn't an especially bad story. It's an average and overdone story of high schoolers fighting monsters and overcoming teen angst and stuff. But the reason why I gave it such a low score is because how damn mundane it is. I put the majority of the blame on the characters more than any other aspect of the show.



Even though I dislike KyoAni series, there's usually at least one or two characters that I like or find (somewhat) memorable. The only character in Kyoukai no Kanata whose name I remember is Mirai, and the only reason why I will remember her is because I find her so aggravatingly stupid. The rest of the cast is bland and conform to so many common and dumb anime tropes and archetypes.



* STORY - C- - Mundane and confusing at times.

* CHARACTERS - F - Aggravatingly bland with an awful female lead.

* ART - A- - KyoAni.

* MUSIC - D

* ENJOYMENT - F - The idol stint in episode five is where I drew the line.

* OVERALL - D



Recommendations: , Shakugan no Shana
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment