Sunday, January 19, 2014

Yearly Recap 2013

I recently wrote a post about my new year's resolutions, but I found them to be somewhat stifling rather than freeing. This recap about how the Lord changed my life in 2013 is a lot more exciting! I found this recap of 2013 on my friend Emily's blog:

You should definitely check her blog out. She's a fantastic writer, and she loves the Lord so much!




1. WHAT DID YOU DO IN 2013 THAT YOU'D NEVER DONE BEFORE?



I started actually really taking the time to learn photography, which has turned into one of my most exciting and fascinating hobbies. My mom is an experienced and fantastic photographer, and she has always influenced me into enjoying photography. However, I always saw it as her "thing," but recently, I discovered that I truly found photography very meaningful to my life.



2. DID YOU KEEP YOUR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS, AND WILL YOU MAKE MORE FOR NEXT YEAR?



I didn't really make any new year's resolutions. I think having goals is important, especially for every new season of life, but I wanted my goals to be personal rather than something I flippantly made because it was the new year.



3. DID ANYONE CLOSE TO YOU GIVE BIRTH?



One of the sweetest women in my life group at my church gave birth to an adorable baby boy named Josiah! It was actually one of the first experiences in my life that I was able to watch as she walked through motherhood for the first time. It's beautiful to me!



4. DID ANYONE CLOSE TO YOU DIE?



Thankfully, no.



5. WHAT COUNTRIES DID YOU VISIT?



I didn't visit any new countries, but I was able to spend a week with my family in Crested Butte, Colorado. It was absolutely stunning, and one of best vacations I've ever spent with my family. I love everything about Colorado.



6. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN 2014 THAT YOU LACKED IN 2013?



I am the worst at maintaining healthy sleep habits, so I could really use a better sleeping schedule. This is actually one of my new semester goals.



7. WHAT DATES FROM 2013 WILL REMAIN ETCHED UPON YOUR MEMORY, AND WHY?



The week I spent in Colorado in July will probably be one of the most unique moments I spent that year. Also, I went on a retreat with Impact, which introduces incoming freshmen to the body of Christ at Texas A&M/Blinn, and that was an incredible experience. Imagine 24 hours of prayer for four days It was one of the most humbling, beautiful, and exciting moments that I got to spend with the Lord. I also loved seeing the lives of freshmen girls being drastically changed even in a short span of a few days. The Lord is so good!



8. WHAT WAS YOUR BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT OF THE YEAR?



Wow, biggest achievements well, nothing particularly stands out. Watching the Lord change my heart towards missions even more than I ever thought possible astonished me. This wasn't exactly an achievement of mine it was all the Lord!



9. WHAT WAS YOUR BIGGEST FAILURE?



My failure to enjoy some of the small moments when times got difficult. His JOY is absolutely a light in the dark world, and my regret is not allowing Him to give me joy during those hard moments. However, there were beautiful occasions where I was going through something difficult that He absolutely opened my heart to immense joy.



10. DID YOU SUFFER ILLNESS OR INJURY?



Thankfully, no!



11. WHAT WAS THE BEST THING YOU BOUGHT?



Personally, I am going through a stage where the Lord is revealing to me some of the idols in my life. I think possessions can easily be one in my life and the lives of many other Americans. It's spectacular the way He is showing me that He is the only Solid Rock, and that everything else is not eternal.



12. WHERE DID MOST OF YOUR MONEY GO?



Living expenses I am a college student. However, I am an avid reader, so I probably spent a lot of money on books.



13. WHAT DID YOU GET REALLY EXCITED ABOUT?



WELL, Impact was extremely exciting. I was also really stoked about getting to continue to pray with freshmen at the Baptist Student Ministry that fall! [I am still in that position, and it's awesome!] I also was extremely excited about Colorado.



14. WHAT SONG WILL ALWAYS REMIND YOU OF 2013?



Anything by All Sons & Daughters and anything by The Oh Hellos. Those were my top favorites that year.



15. COMPARED TO THIS TIME LAST YEAR, ARE YOU:



- happier or sadder? I would say happier.

- thinner or fatter? I am the same Little secret: I am tiny. Petite. Fast metabolism. So basically, my weight never changes. Haha, God gave me this body, and I am not complaining nor boasting in it.

- richer or poorer? I am a college student, so I am pretty poor still.



16. WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU'D DONE MORE OF?



Create, make, and take photos. I love creativity, and I love glorifying the Lord through that. Also, I wish I had been outdoors more and far more adventurous. I wish I had been more bold!



17. WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU'D DONE LESS OF?



I spend way too much time online or on my phone. I am currently seeking the Lord in this area, and I long to change these habits.



18. HOW DID YOU SPEND CHRISTMAS?



I spent Christmas with my family and my brother's girlfriend! On Christmas Eve, we went to church, and then we went out to dinner at P.F. Changs. It has always been a Fetick tradition to open presents on Christmas Eve, so we did that. On Christmas Day, we cooked and had an awesome meal together. Then, we watched a movie? [I think.]



19. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TV PROGRAM?



I have two: Downton Abbey and Sherlock. My favorites.



20. WHAT WERE YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS OF THE YEAR?



Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer

Wild by Cheryl Strayed

The Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler

The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen



Wow, I cannot recall many more titles. I need to get onto a reading fix. I LOVE to read.



21. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC FROM THIS YEAR?



The Civil Wars

The Head & The Heart

Penny & Sparrow

The Oh Hellos

All Sons & Daughters

Jenny & Tyler

Of Monsters & Men

Imagine Dragons

Judah & the Lion

Steve Moakler

O, Loveland

Rend Collective Experiment

Audrey Assad

Mumford & Sons



22. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE FILM OF THE YEAR?



I was about to say Les Miserables, but I realized that was out on Christmas Day of 2012. I had a few favorite films that I saw: Gravity, 12 Years a Slave, Catching Fire, Frozen, and The Hobbit. The Lone Survivor came out in early Jan. 2014, but I am going to add this one to that list.



23. WHAT DID YOU DO ON YOUR BIRTHDAY, AND HOW OLD WERE YOU?



I turned twenty in 2013, and I spent my birthday at life group! Also, I had a scavenger hunt a few days later and they gave me breakfast in bed! I have the best roommates!



24. WHAT ONE THING WOULD HAVE MADE YOUR YEAR IMMEASURABLY MORE SATISFYING?



Well, I am trying to not look into the past because the Lord is doing so much in my heart right now that I cannot even comprehend the thought of having regrets.



25. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL FASHION CONCEPT IN 2013?



Haha, I think my fashion sort of changed this year. I became less concerned with what others thought about my clothes, and I got excited with items that actually were fun to me. I also became more conscious of the fact that clothing can have really dark beginnings with slavery, etc.



26. WHAT KEPT YOU SANE?



Love the Lord showed me so much love in 2013 through friends, family, etc.



27. TELL US A VALUABLE LIFE LESSON YOU LEARNED IN 2013.



I learned to become bolder and more assertive in how I spoke to people, always in gentleness but also in confidence in the Lord. I could honestly take up an entire blog post with this question It's a huge part of my testimony. [LATER!]
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment