Friday, January 17, 2014

Ian Watson workshop 16th November 2014

On November 16th 2014 Illustration artist Ian Watson can into college to do a workshop with my college peers and I. Ian Watson born in 1976 in Crawley, studied Fine art at Howard Gardens Cardiff and now lives and work in Cardiff. His work is incredibly detailed and delightfully dark, Ian's drawings revel strange gatherings of half-human, half-monster concealed in the shady undergrowth. The products of a dream diary, modern folklore and love of 80's horror films inform the scenarios and characters present in his drawings and print works whilst the aesthetic content comes from a fascination with organic textures and the natural world. He does many limited edition prints and has many commissions. His work isn't everyone's cup of tea but I personally liked it, the workshop we did was interesting he brought in a load of old photographs and we were told to draw or to do whatever we wanted to do. I took a family photograph taken in the country side and added a cityscape in the background. The photograph didn't say much about the family or what they were doing it was just a family standing motionless in a field. I'm gutted I only got to do one image but this one piece took me the majority of the day to finish.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment