Friday, January 17, 2014

Review: 'The Strain: The Fall' #7

Did you ever come and just channel surf? Before the downloading / streaming era most people live in now, folks would gather around the picture box and flip channels to see what was on TV. Every now and then, you would stumble upon something completely new that grabbed your attention. "THE STRAIN: THE FALL" #7 is precisely that for me. I was entirely surprised by how exciting, thought out, and accessible this issue was.



WRITTEN BY: Guillermo Del Toro, Chuck Hogan, David Lapham


ART BY: Mike Huddleston

PRICE: $3.99

RELEASE: 15 January 2014



Normally, when I see that many names for writing credit on a story, I am wary to read it. Fortunately for readers, the entire creative team are exceptional at their jobs. Guillermo Del Toro, Chuck Hogan, David Lapham keep the pace of the story moving ever forward in a truly engrossing tale. The first part of the story fills us in on the history of a revenge tale and leaps into the present battle. Decades pass but still vengeance pushes one Professor onwards.



I'd seen the covers to this title before but didn't even know it was about vampires. The look of the monsters here are wholly unique and no doubt Del Toro's influence can take some credit for that. Artist Mike Huddleston keeps everything looking fast-paced and kinetic-looking. Each character looks entirely distinctive while the vampires' monstrous look makes them look like an oncoming storm of white and red.



I need to toss a coin as to how to proceed reading this series in the future: do I find all the previous issues or do I just wait until next month's chapter? Either way, I don't think I can lose. My tastes in horror are growing by one more title that has me in its thrall. "The Strain: The Fall" is a great horror comic that is worth picking up no matter what issue.



4/5 SKULLS



Reviewed by: Your Friendly Neighborhood Brady
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment