Sunday, January 12, 2014

One More for Sunday

I said I'd keep doing this as long as more questions came in. I got one more last night. And if I get another question tonight, I'll answer that one in another post. Keep 'em coming!



RENEE ASKS, "ASSUMING YOU HAVE A BUCKET LIST... WHAT WOULD YOU CROSS OFF FIRST AND WHY?"




Of course I have a . It's pretty extensive. In fact, when I first compiled the list to post to this blog, I had 100 items on it. I later added another when I decided I wanted to learn how to sing Barenaked Ladies' "One Week" all the way through without flubbing the lyrics. So now it's at 101. But I've already crossed off five from the list. Those are: watch every Star Wars movie in one sitting; figure out what the smoke monster from Lost ; run a 5k; go on a date; and survive 12/21/2012. So I guess, technically, that's my answer. Those are the first ones I've crossed off. Though I suppose I could go the extra mile and think about what I want to cross off next. 96 events from which to choose. I should clarify, just because I want to cross something off next doesn't mean it'll actually happen. But I'll go with owning a home with a large front porch. I'll settle with owning a home period. But definitely has a large front porch. You can click on the link to take a look at the whole listing. It's right on my way to work, so I get to see it every day. It's a beautiful home, inside and out. It sits on 9.45 acres of land. It has a pond. All for the low, low price of $350,000. Barring some miraculous windfall, I'll never own that house. Not in this lifetime, anyway. But if you, my readers, really want to help me with that, feel free to contribute to the Single Guy's PayPal account. Pretty sure I still have a place on the right where you can click. I'll let the picture below inspire you.



Yeah, that's where I want to live when I grow up. You can all come over for s'mores around the fire pit.



As for why I want to cross that off my list? Well, I just think it would be fantastic to own my own home. I used to think I would be satisfied renting forever. I guess I've grown up and matured (just a little). I want a place that I can call mine. And if owned a property that extensive, I'm pretty sure I'd name it. Stately Wayne Manor... Except I'm not Bruce Wayne. But I'd totally renovate the basement and build a Batcave. How awesome would that be?
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment