Comic-Con is still six months away, but it seems like everyone is already working on their plans for the convention. Already we've got a possible first look at a Capcom SDCC exclusive, information on how to secure an autograph table in the Sails Pavilion, more vendor and exhibit floor confirmations, news about Comic-Con's Art Show, a book launch that will take place during the convention, news on a popular voice actor, speculation on the dates for SDCC in 2015, and con news on one of the summer's most anticipates movies -- assuming you're a fan of The Rock.
Here's a look at what you might have missed:
* We've possibly got the first look at a Capcom Comic-Con exclusive for this year. Brett Elston, community manager of Capcom, for new Mega Man and Proto Man statues. When asked whether we'd be seeing them at this year's con, the answer was that it "stands to reason". Sounds like a good bet to us!
Not sure, but it stands to reason!The prototype for Capcom's newest Proto Man, which we may see at SDCC!
* Comic-Con International has recently updated the Autograph Area with contact information for Professionals looking to set up a table in the Autograph Area.The Autograph Area of the Sails Pavilion hosts many of the signings for writers, celebrities and more every year.If you're a professional interested in having a table in the Autograph Area you should consider securing your spot now.
* Young adult literature author Georgia McBride confirmed that she will be attending SDCC this year.
I'll be at , and maybe 2 others this year.
-- Georgia N. McBride (@GeorgiaMcBride)
* The New Starship Restoration Project, a nonprofit group of Star Trek fans who set out a few years ago to restore one of the Star Trek: The Next Generation sets, also confirmed that they'll be returning to Comic-Con for the second year, bringing back their restored, interactive Starship Enterprise bridge. They'll also be at CCI's other pop culture convention, WonderCon.
We're going to Wondercon, SD Comic Con and ST Vegas, where ELSE would you like us to bring our Enterprise Bridge??
-- STARTREK Restoration (@thenewstarship)
* A few days ago Comic-Con International announced the introduction to their . Today, CCI has added an interest form for the club via .If you live in the San Diego area and are interested in participating, be sure to act fast as space is extremely limited.Interest Forms must be submitted before Friday, January 24, 2014 for consideration.
* The Comic-Con Art Show is now accepting reservations for this year's show. What is the Art Show, you ask? Say no more, here is the description from the at the Comic-Con International web site:
Located in the Sails Pavilion upstairs at the Convention Center, the Art Show contains original works by both amateurs and professionals. It also displays the nominated books and comics for this year's Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards and houses a special exhibit devoted to members of the Will Eisner Hall of Fame.
Reservations will be accepted until June 30, 2014, or until the Art Show is sold out. Check out the official page for complete rules and the entry form.
* Voice actor Erin Fitzgerald, who provides the voices for such shows as Monster High, Ever After High and countless other anime and video games, will be appearing at SDCC this July, according to a and a :
Just Booked my Hotel for SDCC so Yah, i'll be going to that again this year.