Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bad Skin Day Beauty

Confession: My skin has been horrible for the past 3-4 weeks. I don't know why it's been breaking out so much but it's almost like everyday I look in the mirror and another spot appears. I know, that's a gross picture, but that's what's been happening lately. When my skin is bad, my whole attitude changes. I lose my confidence and my self esteem goes out the window. Any time someone looks at me I feel like they're staring at my blemishes and not at who I really am. The good thing is that I have skincare and makeup to make me feel better. On those not so hot days, a good pamper evening can fix even the worst skin day.



For sallow or puffy eyes: A cool, gel eye mask can soothe the puffiness and send the undereye bags packing. To lift the eyes, a simple eyelash curler like my Shu Uemura S Curler brightens and makes the eyes look wide awake. A light dusting of your favorite shimmery eyeshadow (mine is the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Bronzed Taupe!) doesn't hurt either!




For blemished skin: Start off with a light base to even out the skin tone. My favorite Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua feels weightless on the skin and has enough coverage to conceal any redness. Pack on the concealer with a heavy duty, long lasting formula like the Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer. Warm up the product with your fingers and apply straight to the spot while softly blending the edges.



TIPS AND TRICKS:



On a crappy skin day, nothing is better than a bold lip. When I have a monster spot or puffy eyes, I like to draw attention away from my problem areas and onto my lips. My favorite bold lip color at the moment is the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in the shade Mightiest Maraschino. Another great product for a bad day is a great smelling perfume. I recently bought Fresh Life rollerball and it's great to apply as a distraction when my outer appearance looks like crap. Last but not least, when you're having a really junk skin day or day in general, just remember that it won't last forever. That pimple will go away in a week or so and your puffy eyes will disappear at the first sight of pillows and a bed. Make the most of your situation and try to not let your bad skin day get you down!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment